Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stoneware Glaze Firing on Saturday

With any luck at all I will load the large gas kiln with stoneware tomorrow and fire on Saturday. Here is a group of mugs of which 8 will be included in the dinnerware set. Rather than making 8 or 10 mugs for a set, I like to make a whole bunch and not try to measure anything but the weight of the clay. That way there are some left over and I don't have to try to make sets, which I don't really like to do. 


In this next photo there are some of the dinner plates and some sugar jars with lids, and four vases in the background. There is also a bisque porcelain wiggle jar and a large porcelain covered jar which I have not decided how to glaze. The shelves at front right are filled with boxes of test tiles. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the firing... what a beautiful studio