Monday, September 6, 2010

Please Don't Burn the Koran

I know it has been over one year since I have posted anything and I have had some stuff to say but have felt too lazy to say it, but something is happening in Gainesville, FL, my home town, that is receiving international attention, and it is not the good kind.

There is a small church of less than 30 people and the pastor is planning to burn copies of the Koran next Saturday, September 11. People all over the world are protesting. There have been protests in Indonesia and Afganistan, and the main problem is, that these people probably think all Americans feel as this man does. America is burning the Koran, not some quacky pastor in some small church.

This is such an act of disrespect to the billions of people who read and love the Koran, that it is hard for me to find the words to express my outrage. But this affects us all, really everyone in the whole world. It's an act of disrespect to everyone in the whole world. It is heartbreaking.

I have found that almost all of us in the pottery community are very spiritual by nature, and whether or not we are religious, we respect others and their right to pursue their spirituality as they choose. And we work with our personal energies as a way of life. An understatement.

I ask you to go to this website and sign the petition. It takes less than a minute and your comments will be delivered to this man on September 10.


Thank you everyone and I promise to begin to post again.

John

No comments: